Was Muammar Gaddafi a Good or Bad Person? Facts About Libya
Late Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
The Late Colonel Muammar Gaddafi ruled Libya for 42 years, and after the uprising of the Libyan people, he was killed as he was trying to escape Libya in a convoy when NATO bombed it and he was caught and then killed with bullet wounds to his head and body.
Colonel Muammar Gaddafi was labelled as a 'tyrant', a 'terrorist' and a 'dictator', but was he really a bad leader of Libya? Even though there was no democracy in Libya, the facts about Libya and the way it was ruled in the list below, doesn't do any justice to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi.
The list below may give you some insight into the good side of the the ruling of Libya by Muammar Gaddafi. If it is/was all true, then in the aspect of providing for his people, he doesn't really seem like a bad ruler because if he did provide for his people, then he must have had a good side to him.
Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
Some Facts About Libya
Please READ EVERYTHING before you comment about this post!
Libya and Libyan "dictator" Muammar Gaddafi:
1. Electricity is free for all Libyans.
2. Loans in Libya are free with 0% interest as banks are state owned.
3. Homes are considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother were still living in a tent.
4. All newly married people in Libya receive US$ 50,000 by the government to buy their first home to help the new family.
5. Medical treatment and education are free in Libya. Before Colonel Muammar Gaddafi ruled the country, only 25% of Libyans were literate. Today the figure is around 83%.
6. If Libyans wanted to take up farming as a career, the government funded people from equipment to seeds, all for free.
7. The government subsidised 50% of the price of a new car if a Libyan citizen wanted to buy their first car.
8. Petrol price in Libya is around $0.14 per litre.
9. Libya has no debt externally and its reserves amounts to $150 billion – now globally frozen.
10. The Libyan government would fund anyone who got a degree and if they could not get employment, and they would receive income as if they were employed until they got a job.
11. The sale of Libyan oil is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens in proportion.
12. A family would get US $5,000 if they had a new baby to support the childs upbringing.
13. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs around $0.15.
14. 25% of Libyans have a university degree.
Do you still think Colonel Muammar Gaddafi was really a BAD leader??? If so, read on.
Map of Libya
The list above shows that, if he actually kept to the provision of the list, Muammar Gaddafi tried to provide for the people of Libya as much as he could. It was democracy that the Libyan people wanted, but had to fight to the death to get it.
'Democracy' is a weapon being used by the West gainst the Middle East to start protests and uprising by the people in those countries, because most of the Middle Eastern countries are still being ruled under the Islamic Sharia law.
To break the mould and for the West to infiltrate the Middle East, 'democracy' is an easy weapon to use, or you could also call it 'propaganda'. Although we are in the 21st century, Islam is a religion which is forever, but when people in the Middle East look at the way Western countries are ruled, the people of the Middle East want a democracy in their countries. Islam does not support a 'dictatorship regime', so the leaders of those countries should rule with democracy. There is no contradiction here, as the truth is that in the time of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him), there was democracy and Islam was perfect, the law and ruling was perfect. It was run according to the Shari'a Law. Islam is and has been perfected by Allah, as it is written in the Quran, but it is human beings who make it difficult for themselves.