Kwade is a freelance writer who is always in pursuit of education. He feels every subject is fascinating and worth study.
That Day (9/11/2001)
At 7 AM (Mountain Time) on September 11, 2001 I was getting off work. As usual, I lingered to talk with the morning shift a little. When I started my little sedan, instead of the normal music, I heard a live news broadcast. They were describing the scene of smoking skyscrapers and talking about planes that had crashed into them. I said my first thought out loud. “We’re going to war.”
I couldn’t have told you exactly why, but within seconds of the radio turning on, that was the feeling I had. Sometimes I get an uncanny sense for things. Some people tell me it’s ESP. For all I know it could just be that I see certain patterns quickly. Whatever the case, I knew the world was rapidly undergoing a major change, including war.
The news reports were clear; someone attacked the United States by crashing a plane into the World Trade Center. This was no accident.
When I got home my mother had the television on, sharing the same information. The live images of the smoke and fire helped emphasize the destruction. They showed the first and second plane impacts repeatedly. Something felt off about the broadcasts to me, though I couldn’t put my finger on it at the time. After a bit I went to bed.
I know. Who can sleep after getting this kind of news?
I knew there was nothing for me to do and I’d learn more when I woke up.
I did. The news was on constant chatter about the attacks. The Twin Towers had fallen and we knew exactly what happened. Some extremists with box-cutters hijacked planes and crippled our country.
I watched the story unfold and could already see the outcome of many things. War was coming. Freedoms had to be taken as a sacrifice to improve security. New systems would be put in place to monitor citizens. Law enforcement would be given authority to bypass civil rights.
I knew what was going to happen. For whatever reason, I saw the pattern. Am I crazy for seeing this pattern? I don’t think so. Do you?
Questioning the Official Story of 9/11 Is Taboo
The 9/11 Commission Report is the number one trusted source for information. The official story: Case closed. We know who’s responsible. We know what caused the buildings to collapse. There’s nothing confusing. Anyone who questions the official story is crazy. Only a disrespectful “conspiracy theorist” a.k.a. “truther” would even ask questions and insult the memory of the dead.
Is Robert McIlvaine dishonoring his son by asking for a better investigation? (His video is linked below.) He’s involved with “The Bobby McIlvaine Act” which would “establish a select committee in Congress to reinvestigate the catastrophic destruction of all three World Trade Center towers.”
Why is it insulting to ask for truth?
I’ve talked about why people believe in conspiracy theories before. Foregoing explaining all of that again, it takes intelligence to see a pattern that leads to conspiracy theories. Not all of them are correct, but that doesn’t mean seeing a pattern is stupid or crazy. Indeed, a theory sounding crazy doesn’t mean it’s false. Look to history for things like the Bay of Tonkin incident. A “crazy conspiracy theorist” proved the military was lying on that one.
In the case of 9/11, there are some issues with the official story. When some of us noticed these inconsistencies the response wasn’t reasonable answers. Instead, politicians dodged questions. This was followed by mockery and derision. From the start, there were lies and obfuscations. Many screamed, “how dare you ask questions!” That left others wondering how deep the lies go.
Robert McIlvaine "Dishonoring His Son" by Asking for an Investigation
What Is the Evidence for a 9/11 Conspiracy?
There is too much evidence for me to list it all here. I’m going to focus on questions I find pertinent without jumping to conclusions.
- Immediately after the destruction of the three world trade center buildings, the debris was cleaned up with no effort to preserve evidence. Instead, the material was shipped to China for destruction. (Edit: "Much of the steel debris was not sent to China. It was however sent to Fresh Kills Landfill where 1.6 million tons of material obtained from Ground Zero was taken to the landfill for sorting. That is 223,000 tons of debris." - Adam Fitzgerald Referencing the NYTimes) No formal investigation of one of the largest scale criminal cases in the USA was planned. Even in small criminal cases, evidence is stored for decades to ensure the correct outcome. Why then, when war was a factor, did we have the evidence destroyed?
- The 9/11 Commission was only formed in response to demands from the families of the victims.
- Members of the 9/11 Commission felt they were set up to fail. Lee Hamilton and Tom Kean have both publicly stated they did not have enough time or money to perform a proper investigation and it was neither impartial nor thorough. It ignored any idea that didn’t fit the narrative the investigators were looking for.
- Hundreds of eyewitnesses, including emergency personnel, said they heard explosions prior to the first plane crash. The same eyewitnesses stated they heard and saw explosions as the towers fell. No investigation into explosives was done by the commission.
- The Commission ignored reports of molten metal.
- First it was the “pancake theory.” That gave way to the “Pile Driver Theory.” Both theories state that as the top of the building falls, it gains weight and momentum from the floors below it, thus driving faster through the lower floors. This theory seems to spit in the face of physics, and while there are computer simulations, no physical model has successfully replicated this theory.
- According to the official story, building 7 (The Solomon Building)collapsed when column 79 buckled due to office fires. This triggered a structural failure throughout the building. The whole building then fell at near-free-fall speeds into its own footprint. Architects and engineers critical of this story point out that a single column failing cannot cause the entire building to fall, let alone into its own footprint at near-free-fall speed like a controlled demolition.
- Government and independent investigators found “evidence of thermitic reactions” in the debris. There was also a compound found that appears to be an advanced form of nanothermite. Simply put, it’s a highly advanced form of thermite that’s difficult to produce requiring a sophisticated lab.
What is thermite? There is an interesting debate around thermite. NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) and other “official” sources say thermite is unable to cut a steel beam. However; “Thermite can be used for quickly cutting or welding steel such as rail tracks, without requiring complex or heavy equipment.” - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermite)
According to all sources, except when dealing with 9/11, thermite is used to cut steel. I guess it can, except on 9/11?
Confused? So am I. It really makes one wonder what’s going on when the common use for a product is said to be impossible.
This is not a comprehensive list, but I feel it’s a very strong list of important questions that warrant an impartial and thorough investigation. The US government and military have a history of perpetrating (or hoaxing) false flag attacks to start a war. Since it’s not outside the realm of possibility, we can’t just dismiss the possibility.
Experiments Fail to Confirm Official Story
What I Have Are Questions
My point here isn’t to refute any position. It’s to point out intelligent people have noticed inconsistent answers and what seems like purposeful ridicule of questions about an important event. Laughing them off doesn’t change that. We cannot expect the media and government to always be right. It’s “conspiracy theorists” asking questions that have forced the truth to come out many times in the past.
I don’t pretend to have all the answers. What I have are questions and a certainty that we were not told everything about September 11th, 2001. I also do not trust any single source for information. The more someone tells me to listen to them and to ignore everyone else, the more I distrust them. This is one reason when politicians and media claim to be the only source for truth, I get suspicious. In my experience, those telling you not to seek out truth, always have something to hide. It’s those who question and are open to new information who deserves our trust.
It’s one thing for us regular schmucks with no training misunderstanding the physics. It’s another entirely when experts world-wide are asking questions too. When the response isn’t to find a satisfying answer but instead to belittle those who disagree, we have a problem.
When sharing this evidence with others, single pieces can be written off. Indeed, some of this evidence on its own simply isn’t enough to change someone’s mind. In sharing the full list of evidence, most people are willing to admit there is something amiss.
I’ve only had a small set of people walk away still saying they don’t doubt the official story. Those who don’t concede there was a cover-up always have the same response:
“I just can’t believe our government would murder thousands of our own people.”
That’s not good enough for me. I don’t want to believe it either, and it may not be true. What is certain is that we need a proper investigation by an impartial group. That’s the goal those of us that question the official story are asking for
So why resist that?
The best single repository for evidence I’ve found is on the “Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth” website established with Robert McIlvaine. It’s not the only source, though.
For some excellent physics questions and answers, physicsandreason is a great channel on YouTube.
I’d like to hear your thoughts. Is there a piece of information about 9/11 that you consider the nail in the coffin of the official story? Do you have some reason the rest of us are missing to believe it? Do you have other feedback? Feel free to post it below.
Thanks for reading.
I'll Leave You With One Last Video. An Official Investigation has Started.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2018 kwade tweeling
kwade tweeling (author) from USA on December 17, 2018:
Wesman, I hear you. I'm not particularly fond of Trump as president, personally. I was however ecstatic when he was elected because I figured it would be a huge break from politics as usual. Seeing so many people realize what a horror show our political and media truly are is empowering.
Adam, thanks for the information! It's amazing what can slip through the cracks. I'll update the article.
Adam Fitzgerald on December 14, 2018:
Much of the steel debris was not sent to China. It was however sent to Fresh Kills Landfill where 1.6 million tons of material obtained from Ground Zero was taken to the landfill for sorting. That is 223,000 tons of debris.
I dont disagree with much of your summary here. I also do believe we need an independent investigation, but thats a mere pipe dream. A literal impossibility. We had two congressional investigations, and they all found themselves non complicit in the attacks.
Wesman Todd Shaw from Kaufman, Texas on December 14, 2018:
Yeah, I don't believe much of anything from that administration and the press from that time. Until Donald Trump was elected, I figured I'd hate the US Government, and never believe anything it put out, for my entire life.