What Is Crystal Meth and What Does It Look Like?
- Meth mouth and dental health
Ever wonder what happens to your dental health from Meth abuse?
- What is Crystal Meth Abuse? What are the side effect...
This drug will pick you up, shake you around, swallow your soul, and spit you out as a walking corpse with no teeth in your mouth! Bahhhhhh!
What is Crystal meth
Crystal meth is a medley of assorted household and commercial chemicals. It is a central nervous system stimulant, and much stronger than cocaine. When ingested, smoked, snorted, or injected, it gives the user a euphoric energetic high that can last for hours or even days. Crystal Meth is said to be HIGHLY addictive because of how much dophamine it releases in the brain.
Meth is extremely addictive, and relapse rates are very high for those that try to quit. Meth destroys your body, mind, family and life!
How is meth used?
Crystal meth can be smoked, usually with a pipe, foil or a light bulb. It can be snorted like cocaine. It can be injected with a needle and syringe. And it can also be ingested orally (mixed with coffee or other beverage), or inserted anally into the body.
What's it look like?
For being such a nasty mixture of chemicals crystal meth in truth is quite pretty, however, the appearance will change depending on the form you are seeing it in.
- Solid Form-this is when the drug appears rather beautiful. It has a quartz like appearance, or may look like icicles, rock candy, or glass.
- As a powder-it resembles cocaine, ground up chalk, powder, or crystallized dust with a yellow, white, or reddish tinge. It is odorless, and will taste bitter. The yellow hue will range from dark yellow, to champagne color.
- As a liquid-it is yellow or reddish and can easily be dissolved and transported in any kind of container, or put into a syringe and injected. When transported mixed with water, the water can then be boiled away, leaving meth in a solid form. It can also be applied to paper as a liquid, and then all the user has to do is tear off a piece and ingest it to get high.
More on drugs
- Signs and symptoms of drug psychosis
What are the signs ans symptoms of drug psychosis? How can you tell if it's temporary or permanent?
- How a drug addict thinks, feels and behaves while ac...
Drug addiction is painful not only to the addict; mentally and physically, but to all family members, friends, children, communities. Here is a snapshot of what behavior you may see from an addict...
Street names for crystal meth
Crystal meth has a lot of different street names.
You may hear it being mentioned by others under the following names;
- Yellow bam
- Poor man's cocaine
Meth that is very close to the chemical formula, or meth that is close to purity doesn't have an odor. Impurities, adulterants, and other elements are what creates a detectable scent. It is more likely that the meth users you are around will smell from their bodies trying to expel toxins. Some people describe the smell like nail polish remover (acetone), oven cleaner, burning plastic, rotten eggs (sulfate), cat urine, ammonia, or sickeningly sweet and bitter.
Pay attention to the people you are around, especially if they are new acquaintances. People on meth are jumpy, alert, often do repetitive tasks, and are unable to sit still. People do all sorts of strange things when they are addicted and high on drugs. They will usually have dilated pupils, could appear anorexic (depending on how long they've used), have bad teeth, body odor and breath, and may have scabs on their skin from picking at themselves.
Listen to what terms they use to describe the drug in.
Don't do it!
Meth is a nasty drug that can quickly sweep away the life you once knew. This is not a drug worth trying. You are not invincible or protected from the devastation it can cause. This is not a drug that can be used casually and although some can control usage for a short time, most are swept away in its path.
If you find yourself at a party where this drug is being used, it is highly advised to kindly excuse yourself and avoid being associated with it ever again. Stay away from it.