George Washington University Removes U. S. History Requirement for History Majors
Scrub, erase, rewrite, and bend any inconvenient truths to meet their warped outlook on what history should be through a progressive lens. Such has been the story of how modern liberal educators, especially college professors, teach the events of past to mostly unknowing susceptible learners. I must confess, my history conscious buddies and I did give them a run for their money, but that's neither here nor there (In fact, challenging the notion that Japan was ready to surrender prior to dropping the first atomic bomb is how I met my best friend).
In the wake of, "making America great again," George Washington University is only the latest college to jump on the growing trend of bucking U. S. history altogether. Why bother even misconstruing America into the epitome of all that is evil in the world, when it is entails far less effort to just bypass and bury its past completely. Gone is the glorious, miraculous story of this unique nation's founding, perseverance, reshaping, defense, and betterment, in the name of inclusiveness and embracing of a larger, less special global community.
But these exclusions are not just limited to U. S. History, as North American and European themed courses were also dropped onto the chopping block (essentially the entire Western World). While students have the opportunity to select at least one Westcentric class, it is no longer required, therefore allowing for a history graduate to obtain a diploma without studying a single topic from Europe or America (More well rounded and knowledgeable, right? - the rational and justification is downright astounding).
AS previously mentioned, GWU is not exclusive in suppressing their homeland's history, as the American Council of Trustees & Alumni's 2016 report found that less than one-third of America's top university's require a single U. S. history course. Coincidentally (probably not), this comes at a time when those in academia are already losing credibility over numerous controversies, such as the associate professor from Drexel University, who just days ago tweeted, "all I want for Christmas is White Genocide," and the University of Wisconsin-Madison's decision to have a class next semester entitled, "The Problem of Whiteness." (Gee, double standards, anyone? - See my MTV Commentary on Resolutions for White Guys)
A brief rundown:
Here's my two pennies on the push by leftist universities and Marxist professors to skip and water down U. S. History:
- The very notion of "making America great again," scares the hell out of liberals, as apparent with the GWU's History Department's assertions that such a change in policy will help, "better reflect a globalizing world." Funny, for individuals that insist their ideologies align with the common man (& woman), they are persistent in their attempts to prop up corrupt globalists, who only care about preservation of power.
- Let's be honest, the American experiment is exceptional, and to say differently is foolish and shows an overall "blissful ignorance," for history (an epidemic running rampant on the left). If these United States were so devoid of opportunity and soul, then why are individuals from every part of the globe drawn here? I would love to ask shameless ideologues like Barack Obama, any number of opinionated educators, and the numskull media personalities (proven to be complete jokes with this election); Why do refugees flee their war-torn, impoverish, oppressed, and/or subpar nations for a mere shot at the American dream?
- The Founding Fathers do not fit into their neat little inclusive, socialist, globalist, government-centric vision for an unobtainable leftist utopia. In fact, the Founders and colonist revolted against England for the very tyranny that liberals seem hell-bent to impose on Americans, through an over bloated intrusive central government. Instead of recognizing these rebels for their collective genius and sacrifice, leftist intellectuals usually provide only disrespectful assessments, using words such as, "terrorists" and "elitists," to describe those that fought for nothing more than a idea. About as out of touch as the Liberal media...
- They just despise the ideas of American exceptionalism, capitalism, and individual freedom (gotta stress that broad inclusion and collective misery for all). Communism and socialism have failed on a worldwide scale, as evident by the collapse or bankrupting of every major power trying either throughout history, while America still stands the test. I dare any liberal to provide a shining example of a state that has successfully endured under either leftist models.... Not to mention, if it has not been abundantly clear over the past eight years, America is weakest economically and on the world stage when hampered by over-regulations and obsessive government intervention.
- The liberal echo chambers and the taboo nature of expressing an opposing view have made accepting a stance, which is contrary to the typical arrogant disdain for anything American, simply impossible for the majority of college professors.
While there are surely others, this brief, however broad, assessment should suffice in explaining why I believe that such a hard leftist line will not be subsiding any time soon. Having lost the election (and their minds...), I suspect that we can only expect liberals to push full steam ahead with their damaged brand and hampered agenda. Consistent to a fault, they maybe temporarily divided and down for the count, but are forever united under flawed principle and aspirations of an impossible socialist paradise.