All About Social Distancing
Well, we can safely say that the world is now the most unfriendly place in the Universe. The order of the day is social distancing. What that means is that people better stay the heck away from entering your personal space. That personal space is about six feet from any part of your body in circumference. So, what has triggered this social distancing and how does social distancing help you? Well, as I write this article, March 20, 2020, the world is in panic and turmoil over the coronavirus (Covid-19) it is said that the Corona Virus spreads when infected people sneeze or cough on you (or they touch things and you end up touching those things that the infected person touched). When a person sneezes or coughs, particles of saliva or mucus can travel great distances and land on places that you don’t want them to, namely your skin, eyes, or mouth. This is a sure way for you to become infected with a virus. With social distancing, everyone stays about six feet from everyone else eliminating those speedy spit and mucus from reaching your skin. Social distancing may be a good short term tool to use against the spread of Covid-19, but it has pros and cons we need to look at.
Pros of Social Distancing
- Helps to eliminate a person from sneezing or coughing on you and infecting you with a flu like virus such as Corona.
- Gives you a little time to enjoy your own space without some stranger grinding or bouncing into you on the street or in transport.
- No one is over your shoulder peeking into your smartphone as you send some very questionable pictures to your crush or some random person’s phone.
- No one’s stinky body odor is closing in on you as you sit on a public bench reading your morning paper while enjoying an energy bar.
- You can stretch your arms wide open without slapping someone in the face and then being sued for battery.
Cons of Social Distancing
- You may end up becoming a bit self-centered and have little care for others around you.
- No one may be willing to help you if you meet in an accident and is bleeding out of every area of your broken body. You may end up on the Grim Reapers list as social distancing is at play.
- The genuine warmth and kindness in greeting someone with a hug, a shake of the hand, a pat on the shoulder or a kiss is eliminated. Hand waves and shoe shaking may be the new methods of greeting.
- You will not be on the receiving end of receiving a piece of candy bar from your chocolaty friend.
- You may not be hearing the latest secret news from you on the ground buddy who hates using cell phones to communicate.
Social Distancing and Family
Social distancing may end up damaging the strong ties between families members who greet and talk with each other over a good family get together. Whether it be a family sports day or a magnificent family dinner. The home may become a place of selfish boredom echoing across the vast ice planes of the Earth.
Social Distancing and Pets
So, what does social distancing mean for you and your pet? Well, it really means nothing much as your dog or cat has not been said to be carriers of the Covid-19 Virus. However, the virus can be stored in their fur for a few days. That said, the likelihood is low, so make sure you give your pet some much needed attention.
© 2020 Clive Williams